It’s good for your physical and mental health, it’s sociable and it’s fun!
We hold regular sessions which are open to everyone of all ages and abilities.
Coffee and Play – first Friday of the month 11am – 1pm. £2 contribution to drinks and cake. Next session Friday 3 December 1am-1pm
After School/Evening Play – every Friday 5.30-7pm. No charge.
All sessions with children attending are supervised by a responsible adult.
Contact Jane Landstrom or Phil Wheeler – 07708 028656
The celebration of harvest is still an important part of Lurgashall life, surrounded as we are by beautiful farmland and countryside.
After a service of thanksgiving in the church (6pm), the community is invited to share in a truly scrumptious homemade harvest supper at the village hall. Sit-down time is 7.30pm.
There are still a few tickets left, and these can be bought at the Village Shop.
‘The Good Liar’
Wed. 6 October, 7 for 7.30pm
at the Village Hall
We are thrilled to announce the return of our monthly Film Night.
To welcome you back:
First drink FREE!
Interval ices as before
For more about the film, click here
Afternoon Teas are starting up again!
Everyone welcome for a cuppa and a chat – and some of the most delicious home-made cakes in West Sussex!
From now on, Afternoon Teas will be back in the Hall on the last Wednesday of each month. They are a lovely, informal way of meeting people in the community.
Lurgashall Village Hall is delighted to welcome back the Annual Horticultural Show which will be held on Saturday 14th August.
Now is the time to show off the fruits – and vegetables! – of your labours in gardens and allotments during the lockdown.
With over 70 different classes to choose from – inlcuding all sorts of veg., fruit, flowers, cookery, handicraft, flower arrangements, homemade drinks, photography and junior classes – there is something for everyone.
Show Schedules are in the Village Shop. Entries must be in by Wed 11 August.
SOME EXCITING AND IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENTS
The Hall has now re-opened for business, and we will soon be announcing a programme of events which we hope many of you will want to join in with: indeed we look forward to more people wanting to use the Hall now that it has been refurbished.
In light of receiving a government grant to help organisations like ours to re-start, we have made the decision that the best way of doing this is to help our users themselves get going, and so we will waive all hire charges for Lurgashall organisations and residents until January 2022.
However, Covid has not gone away, so we will be asking our users to follow some simple guidelines in order to keep them and our Hall covid-safe:
From 19 July 2021….
- Please do NOT enter the Hall if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 7 days of visiting the Hall, please alert Test & Trace and notify the organiser of the activity you attended.
- For Test & Trace, there are QR posters just inside the main and side entrances.
- Hand sanitisers are provided in the Hall, if you wish to use them. Soap and hand driers are in the toilets.
- There are cleaning stations for wiping down furniture, equipment, etc. in the main Hall and in the kitchen, if required.
- Use of face coverings remains advisable, especially in confined spaces such as corridors, kitchen and toilet areas.
- Please keep the Hall well ventilated, to reduce the risk of virus transmission. Please close doors and windows on leaving.
If you have any queries or would like to hire the Hall, please contact the Booking Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org 07796-162304
Lurgashall Village Hall Management Committee
19 July 2021
The 2021 Village Hall ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING will take place via Zoom on Tuesday 6 July at 7pm.
To take part in the meeting:
- email email@example.com as soon as you can prior the date and time of the meeting.
- Copies of all the relevant papers will then be sent to you.
- Finally, you will receive an email ‘invitation’ which will enable you to join the meeting.
The AGM is an important public opportunity to look back on this difficult year for the Village Hall year and to present the independently examined financial statements.
The year under review did enable us to have the hall beautifully re-decorated inside and out, so it is now refreshed and ready for finally re-opening in July, subject to government decisions.